Automatic Filter Plugging Tendency Analyzer (FPT)
Determines the Filter Plugging Tendency (FPT) of distillate fuel oils where the end use demands an exceptional degree of cleanliness. This test is applicable to fuels within the viscosity range of 1.50 to 6.00 mm2/s (cSt) at 40°C. The test is not applicable to fuels that are not clear and bright because water interferes with the measurement of filter plugging. Causes of poor filterability might include fuel degradation products, contaminants picked up during storage or transfer, or interaction of the fuel with the filter media. Any of these could correlate with orifice or filter system plugging, or both.
- Integrated Cooling System equipped with a single stage gas motor compressor CFC free
- Measuring device complete with support for filter, Beakers, PT100 sensor Class A, level sensor, pressure gauge, tubes and joints.
- Pump 20 mL/min
- 6.4” TFT/LCD built-in touch screen panel PC for the managing of the analyzer by means of Lab-Link Software
- USB connection to an external printer or external PC
- Storage capacity for more than 60,000 analysis
A sample of the fuel to be tested is passed at a constant rate of flow (20 mL/min) through a glass fiber filter medium. The pressure drop across the filter is monitored during the passage of a fixed volume of test fuel. If a prescribed maximum pressure drop is reached before the total volume of fuel is filtered, the actual volume of fuel filtered at the time of maximum pressure drop is recorded and used to obtain the automatic calculation result. Otherwise if the prescribe volume is filtered without reach the 105kPa pressure, the maximal pressure during the test is recorded and used to obtain the result.
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D2068; IP 387
Testing Temperature Range: +15°C to +25°C
Measurement Temperature Range: 0°C to +50°C
Consumption: 600 VA
Ambient Temperature: 5°C to 35°C
Admitted Moisture: 20% to 80 r.h.
lxwxh,in.(cm): 19.7x15.8x31.5 (50x40x80)
Net Weight: 77.2 lbs
- KLA-1820-8013 Glass Fibre Filters, pk of 100
- KLA-PT100-CAL Calibration Box and Cables
- KLA-DB-KIT Kit of Connectors and Cables for Cold range