Oxidation Stability Apparatus, Solid Block, 12-Place
The K12201 evaluates oxidation stability by subjecting the sample to a temperature of 95°C in the presence of oxygen or dry air. For inhibited mineral oils, the sample is reacted with oxygen in the presence of water and an iron-copper catalyst.
- Accommodates twelve oxidation cells
- Microprocessor digital temperature control
- Conforming to ASTM and related test method specifications
- Special baths for ASTM D2893 and AOCS CD12-57 tests
Constant temperature aluminum block oxidation bath with flowmeters and condenser water manifold for twelve cells. Insulated solid block design provides efficient operation at temperatures of up to 450°F (232°C). Microprocessor temperature control unit features digital setpoint and display and built-in over-temperature protection. Includes individual flowmeters and control valves for each cell, delivering air flow at the rate of 3L/h. Condenser water manifold has individual control valves for each cell. Order oxidation cell glassware and accessories separately.
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D943, D2274, D2893*, D4310, D6158; AOCS CD12-57*; DIN 51586, 51587; ISO 4263, 12205; NF M 07-047; NF T 60-150
Testing Capacity: 12 oxidation cells
Maximum Temperature: 450°F
Temperature Control Stability: ±0.2°F (±0.1°C)
Air Flow Rate: 3L/h
220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 16A
lxwxh,in.(cm): 30x10x43 (76x25x109)
Net Weight: 267 lbs (121.1 kg)
Shipping Weight: 400 lbs (181.4 kg)
Dimensions: 36x27x44 in. (91.4x68.6x111.8 cm)
- K12281 Oxidation Cell Assembly for ASTM D943 and D4310 - Includes oxidation cell, condenser, oxygen delivery tube, thermometer bracket, oil level indicator strip, syringe sampling tube, sampling tube holder, spacer, PTFE stopper and O-rings
- K122-0-18 Oxygen Delivery Tube
- K122-0-19 Oxidation Test Tube
- K122-0-20 Condenser
- K122-0-21 Thermometer Bracket
- K122-0-22 Oil Level Indicator Strip
- K122-0-23 Syringe Sampling Tube Holder
- K122-0-27 PTFE Stopper
- K122-0-28 Syringe Sampling Spacer
- K122-0-30 Syringe Sampling Tube
- AS568-009-V14 O-rings
- K12210 Catalyst Coil - Low-metalloid steel wire and electrolytic copper wire wound in a double spiral conforming to ASTM specifications. Packed in a sealed glass tube with a nitrogen atmosphere. Ready for use.
- K24000 Wire Coiling Mandrel - Mounts on bench for winding steel and copper wire into catalyst coils meeting ASTM specifications.
- K12250 Steel Wire - Low metalloid steel wire, 0.0625" (1.59mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- K12260 Copper Wire - Electrolytic copper wire, 0.064" (1.63mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- 380-100-001 Silicone Carbide Paper - Used to polish steel and copper wire prior to winding into catalyst coils. 100 grit.
- 250-002-001 Oxidation Cell Thermometer - Range: 80 to 100°C. For ASTM D943 and D4310.
- 250-000-40C ASTM 40C Thermometer - Range: 72 to 126°C. For constant temperature baths.