|K13200 ASTM Color of Petroleum Products|
The ASTM color of petroleum products applies to products having an ASTM color of 0.5 or darker, including lubricating oils, heating oils, diesel fuel oils and petroleum waxes. (For products having an ASTM color lighter than 0.5, use the Saybolt Chromometer.) To determine ASTM color, the sample is compared against standard color discs in the Petroleum Comparator.
Features and Benefits
• Conforms to ASTM D1500 specifications
• Constructed from ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Fire Retardant Plastic. This robust, chemically resistant material is ideal for industrial environments.
• Single press of large switch illuminates sample for one minute
(two presses = two minutes, three presses = three minutes). So there
is no energy and bulb wastage.
• Halogen, long life, light source combined with standard daylight filters ensures full compliance with previous units and consistency from unit
• Low voltage power supply.
• Disk values are read directly from disks.
• Disk can be simply, but securely, removed allowing replacement if
• A new replaceable white insert is included with each instrument to ensure correct lighting levels are preserved.
• Fully removable sample chamber allows quick cleanup of inevitable
Click on the image to view a larger photo of the instrument.
Single scale, 3-field petroleum comparator designed for visual color grading by direct comparison between the sample and colored glass filters housed in test discs conforming to the chromaticity coordinates of ASTM D1500. The sample and two consecutive glasses on the color scale are viewed simultaneously, making it easier to achieve the optimum color match. For rapid color grading within predetermined color limits, the glass standards can be set to the two limiting colors so that it is easy to check that the sample is within tolerance. The tungsten halogen light source is color corrected to CIE Standard Illuminant C, giving constant lighting conditions for color grading, regardless of ambient lighting. A prism brings the three fields together to aid color grading.
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D1500, D6074; IP 196; ISO 2049; FTM 791-102
Glass Color Discs (2)
Glass Sample Jars (3)
Dimensions dxwxh, in.(cm)
10 1⁄2 x 9 x 5 1⁄4 (26.7x22.9x13.4)
Net Weight: 3.5 lbs (1.6 kg)
Shipping Weight: 15 lbs (6.8kg)
Dimensions: 2.6 Cu. ft.