INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM? FIND KOEHLER INSTRUMENT COMPANY’S AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES HERE.
At Koehler Instrument Company, Inc., we strive for success. Over the past 50 years, our company has built a solid foundation, not only through our products, but with our employees as well. We are seeking applicants, whether experienced or eager-to-learn students, who are interested in the opportunity to begin a successful future and be a part of our family. This is more than just a job, this is a career. Come see what awaits you by joining the leading producer and supplier in our industry…today!
Assembly Service Technician
Koehler Instrument Co., Inc. is currently seeking an Assembly Service Technician. (Electro – Mechanical)
Assembly Service technician for laboratory testing equipment. Responsible for building sub-assemblies as well as entire instruments. Installing of components such as Heaters, Temperature controllers, PC boards, LCD displays, wiring, etc.
• Ability to work from wiring diagrams and Schematics.
• PC skills with the ability to install various firmware/embedded code.
• Precision soldering skills
• Ability to Test/validate proper function of built instruments.
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to build instrumentation utilizing engineering documents such as; schematics, assembly drawings, assembly procedures, etc.
• Component level troubleshooting a plus
We invite you to join our team of professionals and enjoy the challenges and rewards of an ever growing and exciting industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CNC Lathe Set Up - 2nd Shift
Koehler Instrument Co., Inc. is a leading manufacturer in the Petroleum / Petrochemical industry, providing quality testing instrumentation and technical support services for research and testing laboratories for more than 50 years. We currently have openings in our manufacturing location with an opportunity to grow within. We are looking for an experienced CNC Lathe Set-Up to join our growing team.
F/T – 2nd Shift Hours 3:30 pm to 12:00 am
CNC Lathe - Set up and Operate
The CNC Lathe Set up position is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Program, setup and run CNC work centers, Lathes (Mori Y axis a plus) and Mills.
- Able to develop & write programs for the CNC working from prints, CAPS (Mori) a plus
- Programs lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches
- Hold close tolerance of +/-.0005
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Able to edit existing programs as necessary
- Capable to input programs into CNC from PC.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Can write basic programs
- Monitor tools during operation for wear and breakage
Live tooling is highly preferred
Capable of reading micrometers & other inspection equipment
Knowledge of sharpening tools a plus
Functional and technical skills
Attention to detail
Koehler invites you to join our team of professionals, and enjoy the challenges and rewards of an ever growing and exciting industry. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, to include a 401k retirement plan with a generous match, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CNC Mill Set-up & Operator - 2nd Shift
Long Island based company seeking Full Time CNC Mill Operator and Set up. State of the art machinery.
We invite you to join our team of professionals, and enjoy the challenges and rewards of an ever growing and exciting industry. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, to include a 401k retirement plan with a generous match, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance.
• Setup CNC Mills.
• Fabricate Fixtures to improve job.
• Hold close tolerance +/-.0005.
• Read prints.
• Able to determine tools required to machine parts.
• Setup fixtures and indicate.
• Monitor fixtures for possible breakdown in sharpness of tool.
• Able to edit existing programs as necessary.
• Capability of inputting programs into CNC from hard copy or PC.
• Check size of parts to be sure they conform to prints.
• Monitor tools during operation for wear and breakage.
• Operate CNC after it is setup.
• Capable of reading micrometers & veneers.
• Capable of sharpening drills & face of end mills.
• Ability to write Mill programs from prints a plus.
• Knowledge of 4th axis setup a plus.
• Lift up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Have working knowledge of deburing and equipment.
Equal opportunity employer
Welder - Full Time
Job Title: Tig Welder
Hours: 8:30a-5pm. M-F
Come join us!
Koehler Instrument Co., Inc. is a leading manufacturer in the Petroleum / Petrochemical industry, providing quality testing instrumentation and technical support services for research and testing laboratories for more than 50 years. Our firm has operated on Long Island since 1972 and has a complete global distribution network and strong industry presence. We are in search of a full time Welder to join our growing industry.
• Setup TIG welder for use on stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
• Ability to make neat, watertight welds on thin gage sheet metal.
• Leak test welded tanks on completion of welding
• Maintain required supplies in the Welding Department.
• Required to read Engineering prints.
• Able to read Micrometer and basic measuring equipment.
• General shop duties and de burring knowledge
• Ability to silver and soft soldering (Use of Torch & Iron) a plus.
• Refrigeration knowledge and tube bending a plus.
We invite you to join our team of professionals, and enjoy the challenges and rewards of an ever growing and exciting industry.
Job Type: Full-time
• Welding 3 years
• High school or equivalent
Koehler Instrument Company seeks a Full Time Purchasing Agent. We have an exciting opportunity available for a self-starter with ability to be creative to solve problems with limited supervision. This person will work closely with the production planning department to provide components to support our manufacturing operation as well as end-items for resale. Items purchased will be from both domestic and international suppliers.
• Will be working from written requests and inventory/planning software.
• Stay in constant contact with vendors to ensure that they are meeting our delivery, price and quality expectations.
• Evaluate production and sales orders through Visual Manufacturing.
• Source, negotiate and procure an extensive array of components for manufacturing. This includes (but not limited to) specialized electronic components that are primarily used in automated instruments, raw materials, glassware, electromechanical components and office supply.
• Heavy use of internet search to source new components and order items through vendor report.
• Ability to work closely with multiple departments.
• Input, monitor, confirm and expedite purchase orders.
• Setup and return all defective items
• Minimum 1-2 years purchasing experience. A plus
• Demonstrate skills with planning/inventory software, Word, and Excel.
• Must have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with changing business demands.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to learn manufacturing processes, materials, etc.
• Team player with high enthusiasm.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, to include a 401k retirement plan with a generous 6 % match, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance.
Sales and Marketing
Receptionist / Sales Support
Koehler Instrument Company is a leading manufacturer of petroleum testing instrumentation currently looking for a hardworking individual with a pleasant personality. The receptionist at Koehler Instrument Company will handle answering phones and transferring calls to the appropriate extensions, along with assisting the Sales and Marketing Departments with various administrative duties. The ideal candidate should have an outgoing demeanor to greet customers and visitors who come to the company and for those who call in.
Some of the administrative responsibilities of the receptionist include:
- Entering data into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets (e.g. Marketing Customer databases)
- Creating labels and mailing out product catalogs daily
- Giving Order Status updates and pricing information to customers who call in using
company ERP system
- Entering Sales Orders into Company ERP System
- Emailing customers and colleagues within the company
- Providing customer service support by emailing order status to customers
- Writing letters to customers as need be
-Working closely with sales and marketing to help out with travel plans, expenses and customer requests for reservations etc.
In addition to a full-time salary, benefits include - 401K with a generous company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD& D Insurance, Long Term Disability, and a unique working environment.
Candidates should have an outgoing personality and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.