Combination Octane Rating Unit Engine
This laboratory test method covers the quantitative determination of the knock rating of liquid spark-ignition engine fuel in terms of Research O.N. and the Motor Octane Number, including fuels that contain up to 25% v/v of ethanol. The sample fuel is tested using a standardized single cylinder, four-stroke cycle, variable compression ratio, carbureted, CFR engine run in accordance with a defined set of operating conditions.
- Easy conversion between MON and RON methods is accomplished by use of the dual speed motor, with no need to change the flywheel
- The dual speed motor with slide base steadily provides constant octane engine speeds as per ASTM D2699 and D2700 methods during operation
- The engine crankcase is designed with high strength and rigidity for various fuel types to ensure long service life and carefree operation
- The cylinder assembled allows the compression ratio to be changed by adjusting the cylinder height, which is adjusted by the electric motor assembly
- The dial indicator is installed on the octane engine for direct reference to the cylinder height
- The compression ratio and ignition timing are displayed directly on the operating panel, and displays the compensated reading for barometric pressure
- With digital knock signal adjustment, combustion knock is converted into a stable and accurate analog signal to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Through the engines safety system, the engine auto-stops with various fault indications
- With the exhaust surge tank system, the engine eliminates resonance pulses and back pressure for more consistent and accurate results
- The intake air humidity equipment regulates the moisture content of the intake air as per the ASTM specifications
The K90901 Standard Model Combination Octane Rating Unit is the latest model of octane engines with many easy to use features including automatic functions and enhanced documentation capabilities, conforming to the latest ASTM D2699 (RON) and ASTM D2700 (MON) Test Methods.
Through the engine's operating panel, the parameters are adjustable according to the ASTM D2699 and D2700 specifications. The professional and clear design of the operating area makes the octane rating operation convenient and the data is easy to read and record. The auto-setting function of the octane engine effectively simplifies operational procedures and improves the efficiency of octane testing. The operating panel is equipped with a protect system and the push-button switches to avoid improper operation.
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D2699 and ASTM D2700
Working Range: 40 - 120 Octane Number
Cylinder Jacket Coolant Temperature: 100 °C ± 1.5 °C (212 °F ± 3 °F)
Crankcase Oil Temperature: 57 °C ± 8.5 °C (135 °F ± 15 °F)
Engine Speed: 900 ± 9 rpm
Ignition Timing: Variable as Cylinder Height is changed
Intake Air Temperature: 38 °C ± 1 °C (100 °F ± 5 °F)
Intake Mixture Temperature: 149 °C ± 1 °C (300 °F ± 2 °F)
Engine Speed: 600 ± 6 rpm
Ignition Timing: 13° BTDC
Intake Air Temperature: 52 °C ± 1 °C (125 °F ± 2 °F)
Compression Ratio (C.R.): 4:1 - 18:1
Cylinder Bore (diameter): 82.55 mm (3.250")
Stroke: 114.30 mm (4.50")
Carburetor Venturi (Research): 14.30 mm (9/16")
Intake Valve Clearance (Hot): 0.20 mm ± 0.025 mm (0.008" ± 0.001")
Exhaust Valve Clearance: 0.20 mm ± 0.025 mm (0.008" ± 0.001")
Intake Valve Opens Timing: 10° ± 2.5° ATDC
Intake Valve Closes Timing: 34° ABDC
Exhaust Valve Opens Timing: 40° BBDC
Exhaust Valve Closes Timing: 15° ± 2.5° ATDC
Crankcase Oil Pressure: 172 kPa - 207 kPa (25 psi to 30 psi)
Compression Ratio Adjustment: Motor-driven
Compression Ratio Display Device: Dial Indicator & Digital Counter
Engine Speed Conversion: Dual-Speed Monitor
Carburetor: Four-Bowl Falling Level (with a cooling function)
Ignition Timing Display: Digital (Auto-set)
Crankcase Pressure Display: Yes
Crankcase Oil Heater: Yes
Oil Temperature Display: Yes
Air Humidity Control Apparatus: Yes
Unit Protection Systems: Yes
lxwxh,in.(cm): 68x42x58 (172.72x106.68x147.32)
Net Weight: 2250 lbs (1022 kg)
K90900-PRF-T ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, Toluene, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-I ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, IsoOctane, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-H ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, n-Heptane, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-O ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, Octane #80, 55 Gal.
K90900-TK Tool kit to assist in the maintenance of the Octane Rating Unit
K90900-S Spare Parts to Support the "Combo" Engine
Below are links to tutorial videos for this product