Combination Octane Rating Unit Engine
This laboratory test method covers the quantitative determination of the knock rating of liquid spark-ignition engine fuel in terms of Research O.N. and the Motor Octane Number, including fuels that contain up to 25% v/v of ethanol. The sample fuel is tested using a standardized single cylinder, four-stroke cycle, variable compression ratio, carbureted, CFR engine run in accordance with a defined set of operating conditions.
- Easy to use touch-screen panel with easy to follow guidance simplifies the operation process.
- Auto-set of intake temperatures, auto-adjustment of ignition time and C.R. digital counter, auto-control of temperature system. Manual adjustment of basic parameters is also available.
- Professional software provides user-friendly interface and simple fuel rating procedures of ASTM RON and MON Test Methods. Automatic calculation and optimization system is offered to minimize human errors and other failures.
- Falling level program gives the operator the flexibility to run a falling level test by Procedure B of ASTM D2699 and D2700.
- Electronic on-board barometer automatically adjusts C.R. Digital Counter for barometric pressure.
- Cylinder height is measured and auto-adjusted accurately and the results are displayed on-screen in dual dimension values.
- Digital knock meter displays actual and accurate knock intensity value and real-time waveform.
- Automated data recordings with octane rating reports are automatically captured and presented in an Excel report.
- Safety system protects octane engine with failure indication system and e-stop.
- Operation and Maintenance manuals and maintenance logs can be displayed on screen for easy reference. Maintenance time is regularly reminded.
The Combination Octane Rating Unit with Digital Control Panel is the latest model of octane engines with many easy to use features including automatic functions and enhanced documentation capabilities, conforming to the latest ASTM D2699 (RON) and ASTM D2700 (MON) Test Methods.
The Digital Control Panel delivers consistent and reliable test results, with standard features including on-screen operation, reports, falling level program, automated data recording, auto-set and auto-calculated system, integrated maintenance logs and a comprehensive safety system.
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D2699 and ASTM D2700
Working Range: 40 - 120 Octane Number
Cylinder Jacket Coolant Temperature: 100°C ± 1.5°C
Crankcase Oil Temperature: 57°C ± 8.5°C
Engine Speed: 900 ± 9 rpm
Ignition Timing: Variable as Cylinder Height is changed
Intake Air Temperature: 38°C ± 1°C
Intake Mixture Temperature: 149°C ± 1°C
Engine Speed: 600 ± 6 rpm
Ignition Timing: 13° BTDC
Intake Air Temperature: 52°C ± 1°C
Compression Ratio (C.R.): 4:1 - 18:1
Cylinder Bore (diameter): 82.55 mm
Stroke: 114.30 mm
Carburetor Venturi (Research): 14.30 mm
Intake Valve Clearance (Hot): 0.20 mm ± 0.025 mm
Exhaust Valve Clearance: 0.20 mm ± 0.025 mm
Intake Valve Opens Timing: 10° ± 2.5° ATDC
Intake Valve Closes Timing: 34° ABDC
Exhaust Valve Opens Timing: 40° BBDC
Exhaust Valve Closes Timing: 15° ± 2.5° ATDC
Crankcase Oil Pressure: 172 kPa - 207 kPa
Operating Panel: Digital Control Panel
Knock Meter: Automated Digital Knock Meter
Compression Ratio Adjustment: Motor-driven (Auto-adjust)
Compression Ratio Display Device: Dial Indicator & Digital Counter
Engine Speed Conversion: Dual-Speed Monitor
Carburetor: Four-Bowl Falling Level (with a cooling function)
Ignition Timing Display: Digital (Auto-set)
Crankcase Pressure Display: Yes
Electronic Barometer: Yes
Crankcase Oil Heater: Yes
Oil Temperature Display: Yes
Report Generation: Yes
Maintenance Log: Yes
Air Humidity Control Apparatus: Yes
Exhaust Surge Tank System: Yes
Unit Protection Systems: Yes
lxwxh,in.(cm): 68x42x58 (172.72x106.68x147.32)
Net Weight: 2250 lbs (1022 kg)
K90900-PRF-T ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, Toluene, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-I ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, IsoOctane, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-H ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, n-Heptane, 55 Gal.
K90900-PRF-O ASTM Primary Reference Fuel, Octane #80, 55 Gal.
K90900-TK Tool kit to assist in the maintenance of the Octane Rating Unit
K90900-S Spare Parts to Support the "Combo" Engine