Automatic Softening Point of Bitumen
The sample is cast in shouldered rings and heated at a controlled rate under the weight of a steel ball. The softening point is the temperature at which the bitumen disks soften and sag downward at a specified distance.
- Touch Screen Control Panel
- Laser sensor detection
- Easy to use loading position
- Integrated Magnetic Stirrer
- Two independent test positions
- Controlled stirring speeds
- USB Storage
- Conforms to ASTM D36 and related specifications
Determines the softening point of bitumen in the range from 30 to 157°C (86 to 315°F) using the ring and ball apparatus immersed in distilled water (30 to 80°C), USP glycerin (above 80 to 157°C), or ethylene glycol (30 to 110°C).
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D36, E28; AASHTO T53; IP 58, 198; NF T 66-008
110-240V 50/60Hz 1500W max