Dropping Point Apparatus
Dropping point determinations are used for identification and quality control purposes, and can be an indication of the highest temperature of utility for some applications. The sample is heated at a prescribed rate in a precision machined cup whose sides slope toward an opening at its center. The temperature at which a liquid drop first falls from the cup is the dropping point of the sample.
- Conforms to ASTM D566, D4950 and related specifications
Performs dropping point determinations on lubricating greases at temperatures of up to 550°F (288°C). Consists of dropping point cup, test cell with accessories and oil bath with stirrer and heater. Test cell is immersed in a 400mL Borosilicate Glass bath for heating at the prescribed rate. A 750W variable stepless control heater and 1⁄40hp stirrer permit accurate, uniform control of bath temperature rate of rise. Heater assembly includes refractory top plate and reference dial.
- Grease Cup, chromium plated brass
- Test Tube with indentations
- Cork Ring Guide
- Thermometer Corks (2)
- Thermometer Depth Gauge
- Polished Metal Rod
- Connecting Hardware
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D566, D4950; IP 132; ISO 2176; DIN 51801; FTM 791-1421; NF T 60-102
Maximum Temperature: 550°F (288°C)
Bath Medium: A high temperature heat transfer fluid having a flash point in excess of 400°C is recommended. Silicone fluid (P/N 355-001-002 — page 8) is suitable.
115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 6.5A
220-240V 50/60Hz. Single Phase, 3.4A
lxwxh,in.(cm): 9.5 x8x22.5 (24x20x57)
Net Weight: 24 lbs (10.9kg)
- 250-000-02F ASTM 2F Thermometer. Range: 20 to 580°F
- 250-000-02C ASTM 2C Thermometer. Range: –5 to +300°C
- K194E7 Cup Plug Gauge
- Checks conformity of test cup with specifications.
- Per Fig. 1, ASTM D566 and Fig. 1-E7, ASTM D2265
- K194E6 Polished Metal Rod
- K194EA Grease Cup
- K19492 Test Tube with indentations
- K19493 Thermometer Cork
- K19499 Cork Ring Guide