Total Sediment Tester
For the determination of total sediment up to 0.40% m/m for distillate fuel oils containing residual components and to 0.50% m/m in residual fuel oils having a maximum viscosity of 55 cSt (mm2/s) at 100°C. Some fuels can exceed the maximum filtration time specified in this test method due to factors other than the presence of significant quantities of insoluble organic or inorganic material. This test method can be used for the assessment of total sediment after regimes of fuel pretreatment designed to accelerate the aging process.
- Conforms to ASTM D4870 specifications
A weighed quantity (10g) of the oil sample is filtered through the prescribed apparatus at 100°C. After solvent washing and drying the total sediment on the filter medium is weighed.
- Two Filtration Cells
- Throttle Valve for Vacuum Regulation
- Heating or Cooling Coil
- Pipes for Steam, Water and Vacuum
- 500mL Flask fitted with Protected Mesh
- Vacuum Manometer
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D4870; BS 2000 pt.390; IP 375; IP 390 pt. A; ISO 10307 pt. 1 & 2
lxdxh,in.(cm): 23.6x19.7x20.9 (60x50x53)
Net Weight: 41.89 lb (19kg)
- K48310-9 Thermometer, Range 95 to 105°C
- K48310-10 Steam Generator
- K48310-11 Diaphragm Vacuum Pump