High Temperature Convertible Oxidation Bath
Various methods are available for testing the resistance to oxidation and/or the corrosiveness of lubricants, insulating oils, hydraulic oils and distillate fuel oils. The samples are subjected to a metered flow of air at elevated temperatures, sometimes in the presence of a metal catalyst.
- Conforms to various ASTM, Federal and International Standards
- Removable racks hold different types of glassware for different tests
- Equipped with flowmeters or digital mass flow controls to measure and control the required flow rates
- Microprocessor digital temperature control
High temperature liquid bath for oxidation stability and corrosiveness tests at temperatures of up to 200°C. Available in different configurations for convertibility between several oxidation stability and corrosivity test methods including Cummins oxidation test. Removable rack/top plate assemblies remove and install with minimum effort to easily convert the bath between test methods. For most test methods, twelve sets of glassware can be accommodated in each rack assembly. Select flowmeters or digital mass flow control to maintain air flow at the required rates. Microprocessor PID control provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot, and the bath is protected by an over-temperature control circuit that interrupts power should bath temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Dual LED displays provide actual and setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format.
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D943, D2274, D2440, D2893, D4310, D4636, D4871, D5968, D6594; ISO 4263, 12205; DIN 51394, 51586, 51587; FTM 791-5307, 791-5308
Capacity: Twelve (12) sets of glassware. For ASTM D5968, FTM 791-5307, and FTM 791-5308, only ten (10) sets of glassware.
Temperature Range: Ambient to 200°C
Temperature Control Accuracy: 0.2°F (0.1°C)
Bath Medium: Silicone heat transfer fluid
Flow Rate: As specified for ASTM or applicable specifications
115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 27.3A
220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 14.6A
Bath (without glassware): 25 1⁄2 x 24 x 42 (65x61x107)
Net Weight: 108 lbs (49.0 kg)
Shipping Weight: 235 lbs (106.6 kg)
Dimensions: 32x28x41 in. (81.3x71.2x104.1 cm)
- K1223-R943 Sample Rack for D943, D2274, D2983, D4310 testing
- K1223-R2440 Sample Rack for D2440 testing
- K1223-R4636 Sample Rack for D4636, D5968, D6594 testing
- K1223-3L Flowmeter Stand with Flowmeters for D943, D2274, D2440, D4310 testing (range 3 ±0.1 L/hr)
- K1223-10L Flowmeter Stand with Flowmeters for D2893, D4636, D5968, D6594 testing (range to 10 ±0.5 L/hr)
- K12281 Oxidation Cell Assembly for ASTM D943 and D4310 - Includes oxidation cell, condenser, oxygen delivery tube, thermometer bracket, oil level indicator strip, syringe sampling tube, sampling tube holder, spacer, PTFE stopper and O-rings
- K122-0-18 Oxygen Delivery Tube
- K122-0-19 Oxidation Test Tube
- K122-0-20 Condenser
- K122-0-21 Thermometer Bracket
- K122-0-22 Oil Level Indicator Strip
- K122-0-23 Syringe Sampling Tube Holder
- K122-0-27 PTFE Stopper
- K122-0-28 Syringe Sampling Spacer
- K122-0-30 Syringe Sampling Tube
- AS568-009-V14 O-rings
- K12210 Catalyst Coil - Low-metalloid steel wire and electrolytic copper wire wound in a double spiral conforming to ASTM specifications. Packed in a sealed glass tube with a nitrogen atmosphere. Ready for use.
- K24000 Wire Coiling Mandrel - Mounts on bench for winding steel and copper wire into catalyst coils meeting ASTM specifications.
- K12250 Steel Wire - Low metalloid steel wire, 0.0625" (1.59mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- K12260 Copper Wire - Electrolytic copper wire, 0.064" (1.63mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- 380-100-001 Silicone Carbide Paper - Used to polish steel and copper wire prior to winding into catalyst coils. 100 grit.
- 250-002-001 Oxidation Cell Thermometer - Range: 80 to 100°C. For ASTM D943 and D4310.
- 250-000-40C ASTM 40C Thermometer - Range: 72 to 126°C. For constant temperature baths.