Oxidation Stability Apparatus, 8-Place and 12-Place Bath
Evaluates oxidation stability by subjecting the sample to a temperature of 95°C in the presence of oxygen or dry air. For inhibited mineral oils, the sample is reacted with oxygen in the presence of water and an iron-copper catalyst.
- Conforms to ASTM D943, D2274, D4310, and related specifications
- 8 and 12 position benchtop liquid baths available
- 30 and 60 position floor model liquid baths available
- Custom configurations for D2983 and AOCS CD12-57 tests available
Constant temperature bath with solid state temperature control, calibrated flowmeters and condenser water manifold for oxidation stability tests on fuels and lubricants. Individual flowmeters and control valves for each oxidation cell deliver air flow at the rate of 3L/h. Condenser water manifold has individual control valves for each cell. Temperature controller provides quick temperature stabilization without overshoot, and the bath is protected by a redundant overtemperature control circuit that interrupts power should bath temperature exceed a programmed cut-off point. Display provides actual setpoint temperature values in °C/°F format. Communications software (RS232, etc.), ramp-to-set and other enhanced features are available as extra cost options. Double-wall insulated baths are equipped with copper immersion heaters and a 1⁄20 hp circulation stirrer. Stainless steel bath interior has a builtin support rack and overflow/drain to immerse the test cells at the required depth. Order oxidation cell glassware and accessories separately.
Conforms to the Specifications of:
ASTM D943, D2274, D2893*, D4310, D6158; AOCS CD12-57**; DIN 51586, 51587; ISO 4263, ISO 12205; NF M 07-047; NF T 60-150
- K64200/K64290: 8 Oxidation Cells
- K12212/K12219: 12 Oxidation Cells
- Range (K64200/K64290): Ambient to 250°F (121°C)
- Range (K12212/K12219): Ambient to 212°F (100°C)
- Control Stability (K64200/K64290): ±0.09°F (±0.05°C)
- Control Stability (K12212/K12219): ±0.2°F (±0.1°C)
- K64200/K64290: 9.9 gal (37.5 L) white technical oil
- K12212/K12219: 19.0 gal (71.9 L) white technical oil
- K12281 Oxidation Cell Assembly for ASTM D943 and D4310
Includes oxidation cell, condenser, oxygen delivery tube, thermometer bracket, oil level indicator strip, syringe sampling tube, sampling tube holder, spacer, PTFE stopper and O-rings
- K122-0-18 Oxygen Delivery Tube
- K122-0-19 Oxidation Test Tube
- K122-0-20 Condenser
- K122-0-21 Thermometer Bracket
- K122-0-22 Oil Level Indicator Strip
- K122-0-23 Syringe Sampling Tube Holder
- K122-0-27 PTFE Stopper
- K122-0-28 Syringe Sampling Spacer
- K122-0-30 Syringe Sampling Tube
- AS568-009-V14 O-rings
- K12210 Catalyst Coil
Low-metalloid steel wire and electrolytic copper wire wound in a double spiral conforming to ASTM specifications.
Packed in a sealed glass tube with a nitrogen atmosphere. Ready for use.
- K24000 Wire Coiling
Mandrel Mounts on bench for winding steel and copper wire into catalyst coils meeting ASTM specifications.
- K12250 Steel Wire
Low metalloid steel wire, 0.0625" (1.59mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- K12260 Copper Wire
Electrolytic copper wire, 0.064" (1.63mm) diameter, for catalyst coils. Supplied in 1000 ft (304.8m) lengths.
- 380-100-001 Silicone Carbide Paper
Used to polish steel and copper wire prior to winding into catalyst coils. 100 grit.
- 250-002-001 Oxidation Cell Thermometer - Range: 80 to 100°C. For ASTM D943 and D4310.
- 250-000-40C ASTM 40C Thermometer - Range: 72 to 126°C. For constant temperature baths.