Determines the measurement of the Yield Stress, Apparent Viscosity and Borderline Pumping Temperature (BPT) of engine oils. Borderline pumping temperature is a measure of the lowest temperature at which an engine oil can be continuously and adequately supplied to the oil pump inlet of an automotive engine. Provides a correlation between the temperature at which the viscosity of engine oils reaches a critical value and the borderline pumping failure temperature in engines at the test method specified shear stress.
- Testing capacity of up to 10 samples.
- Microprocessor temperature controllers store all testing profiles in memory.
- Unique design is fully self-contained - no external refrigeration or heating apparatus needed.
- Advanced direct refrigeration technology eliminates the need for liquid cooling mediums such as methanol.
- Removable test cells allow for easy cleaning, sample agitation and advance sample preparation.
- New rotor design eliminates possible interference with water and ice.
- Internal hermetic refrigeration system provides direct instant cooling.
- Power-saver feature allows testing profile to resume in the event of a brief power interruption.
- Internal gas system provides a continuous blanket of dry gas over samples to eliminate moisture buildup.
- Rotor stator rack supplied for convenient cleaning, drying, and storage.
- Safety features include high pressure cutout and high temperature limits.
- 5 Rotor stator sets required for instrument. Additional sets up to 10 available.
- Software Package Required
- Rotor/Stator Holding Rack
- Stator Insertion/Removal Tool
- Moisture Cover
- Set of Weights and Strings
- Port Plugs for unoccupied ports
- Air Filter Dryer and Desiccant
- Calibration and Certification
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D4684; SAE J300; ILSAC GF3-GF4
In accordance with the specifications of: ASTM D3829, D6821*, D6896
* With available Drive Line equipment sold separately
Cabinet Material: Stainless steel and durable thermoplastic
Temperature Range: +80°C to -40°C (176°F to -40°F)
Bath Design: Solid, direct cooling without liquids
Cooling Rate: Single Unit: 5.0°C per minute maximum
Compressor Size: 1/3 Horsepower
Temperature Control: +/- 0.1°C, digital readout
Heating Capacity: 600 Watts
Testing Capacity: 10 samples
115V 50/60Hz, 15A
220V 50/60Hz, 7A
WxDxH, in.(cm): 15.5x12.5x13.5 (39x32x34)
Net Weight: 105 lbs (47.6 kg)
- K38500-3 Rotor/Stator Set (1 Set) - up to 5 additional sets can be added
- K38500-4 Rotor/Stator Set (5 Sets) - Required
- K38500-10 LNP-5 Reference Oil (Pint)
- K38500-SFW MRV Software Package - Required
- K38500-17 Laptop