Pensky-Martens Closed Cup Flash Tester
For flash point determinations of fuels, lubricating oils, liquids containing suspended solids and liquids that tend to form a surface film during testing.
- Conforms to ASTM D93 and related specifications
- Choice of electric or gas heating
Determines flash points of a wide range of products by a closed cup method with two-option speed stirring of the sample. Extensively used in shipping and safety regulations for detection of contamination by volatile and flammable materials in fuel oils and lubricating oils, and for characterization of hazardous waste samples. Smooth operating cover mechanism slides shutter open and applies test flame at the turn of a knob. Cover fits over brass test cup and includes pilot flame, test flame reference bead, built-in stirrer and plated brass thermometer ferrule. Electrically heated model is equipped with a 1000W nickel-chromium heater with stepless variable control for accurate, repeatable temperature rate of rise settings per specifications. Heater unit is enclosed in a stainless steel housing with cooling vents. Includes line cord receptacle and switch for accessory slow speed stirrer. Gas heated model has a built-in nickel plated brass natural gas burner, or can be supplied with an artificial gas burner or liquid propane burner (specify when ordering). Both models are mounted on a sturdy cast iron base.
- Brass Test Cup with Handle
- Thermometer Holder
- Cover Assembly
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D93; AASHTO T73-811; IP 34; ISO 2719; DIN 51758; FTM 791-1102; NF M 07-019
115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 6.5A
220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 3.4A
lxwxh,in.(cm): 9.5 x8x22.5 (24x20x57) with optional stirrer motor installed
Net Weight: 25 lbs (11.4 kg)
Shipping Weight: 18 lbs (8.2 kg)
Dimensions: 24x20x18in (61.0x50.8x45.7 cm)
- K16225 Stirrer Motor, 115/230V 50/60Hz - Slow speed gear motor rotates stirrer of Pensky-Martens Tester at 105rpm for Procedure A and at 250rpm for Procedure B. Includes adjustable support bracket and mounting rod. Installs in base of flash tester.
- 250-000-09F ASTM 9F Thermometer - Range: 20 to 230°F
- 250-000-09C ASTM 9C Thermometer - Range: –5 to +110°C
- 250-000-10F ASTM 10F Thermometer - Range: 200 to 700°F
- 250-000-10C ASTM 10C Thermometer - Range: 90 to 370°C
- K16010 Cover Assembly - Complete assembly. Includes shutter, flame exposure device, stirrer and thermometer ferrule.
- K16020 Brass Test Cup - With heat resistant handle.
- K16020-NI Nickel Plated Test Cup - With heat resistant handle