Manually Operated Grease Worker
Penetration tests are performed on petroleum products to determine consistency and shear stability (lubricating greases) for design, quality control and identification purposes. A standard cone or needle is released from a penetrometer and allowed to drop freely into the sample for 5 seconds (or a different specified interval) at constant temperature. The depth of penetration of the cone or needle into the sample is measured in tenths of a millimeter by the penetrometer.
- Conforms to ASTM D217 and related specifications
- Mechanical and manually operated types
- Single and double-unit models
Hand lever operated grease working machine designed for short duration ‘’worked penetration” tests on lubricating greases. Consists of one steel ASTM grease worker with hand lever mechanism mounted on a sturdy steel base. Spring loaded tightening clamps hold grease worker securely on base, and steel pins in hand lever upright support facilitate disassembly of the grease worker. Base plate is drilled at corners to allow for bolting to table top.
- Mechanical ASTM Steel Grease Worker (1 or 2)
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D217, D4950; IP 50; ISO 2137; DIN 51804; FTM 791-311, 791-313*
*Requires substitution of 270-hole grease worker (K18030)
Drive Motor: fan cooled gear reduction type, 1⁄3hp (single-unit model) or 1⁄2 hp (dual-unit model)
lxwxh,in.(cm): 30x10x15 1⁄2 (76x25x39)
Net Weight: 21 lbs (9.6 kg)
Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (12.7 kg)
Dimensions: 30x10x15 in (76.2x25.4x38.1 cm)
- K18022 Dial Thermometer - Inserts in petcock of steel grease worker. Supplied with adapter.
- K18021 Overflow Ring - Collects displaced grease during penetration measurements.
- K18020 Steel Grease Worker - Complete per ASTM specifications. Consists of cup, cover, plunger and vent cock.
- K18030 Steel Grease Worker - Similar to K18020 above, but with 270-hole plunger plate per FTM 791-313 (AN-G-15) specifications.
- K18028 Cover Assembly - Replacement cover assembly for steel grease worker.