Ramsbottom Carbon Residue Apparatus
Determines the ‘carbon residue’ left after evaporation and pyrolysis of a sample oil in the Ramsbottom furnace, providing an indication of the deposit forming tendencies of fuels and guidelines for the processing of refinery products.
- Conforms to ASTM D524 and related specifications
- Microprocessor temperature control with digital display and over-temperature cut-off
Thermostatically controlled coking furnace for five samples. Cast-iron block type furnace reaches the standard test temperature of 550°C (1022°F) rapidly and controls with ±1°C stability. Microprocessor temperature control has °C/°F switchable digital setpoint and display. Operator and equipment are protected by an over-temperature control circuit which automatically interrupts power to the unit should the block temperature exceed the programmed cut-off point.
Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D524, D6074; IP 14; ISO 4262; FTM 791-5002; NF T 60-117
Furnace Type: Cast iron block
Capacity: 5 coking bulbs
Maximum Temperature: 650°C (1200°F)
Controller Sensitivity: ±1°C (± 2°F)
Heater: 0-2400W, ceramic band heater
115V 60Hz, Single Phase, 20.8A
220-240V 50/60Hz, Single Phase, 10.9A
lxwxh,in.(cm): 16x21 1⁄2x14 1⁄2 (41x55x37)
Net Weight: 64 lbs (29kg)
Shipping Weight: 78 lbs (35.4 kg)
Dimensions: 28x24x20 in. (71.1x61.0x50.8 cm)
- 332-007-001 Coking Bulb Borosilicate Glass, with capillary. Conforms to ASTM D524 specifications
- 362-010-001 Sample Charging Syringe
- 382-017-001 Needle, 17 gauge, 2"
- K27320 Coking Bulb Filling Device. Convenient time saving device fills up to five coking bulbs at a time. Ideal for viscous fluids that are difficult to handle at room temperature.
- K27200 Control Bulb - Stainless steel, with IC thermocouple. May be used with a thermocouple pyrometer* to verify compliance of the furnace with ASTM performance requirements.
- K29350 Digital Thermometer, 90-264V