Softening Point Apparatus
The sample is cast in shouldered rings and heated at a controlled rate under the weight of a steel ball. The softening point is the temperature at which the bitumen disks soften and sag downward a specified distance.
- Conforms to ASTM D36 and related specifications
Consists of 800mL beaker, 2 standard balls, shouldered rings, ball centering guides, ring holder, bottom plate and beaker cover with support rods. Order thermometer and heater separately.
Conforms to the specifications of:
ASTM D36, E28; AASHTO T53; IP 58, 198; NF T 66-008
lxwxh,in.(cm): 5x5x10.5 (12.7x12.7x26.7)
Net Weight: 5 lbs (2.3kg)
Shipping Weight: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
Dimensions: 1.5 Cu. ft.
- K42000 Powertrol Heater. 1000W heater with variable stepless control and porcelain refractory top plate with positioning well for beaker. Enclosed in a stainless steel housing with cooling vents, Shipping Weight: 8 lbs, 14 oz (3.6kg). 115V 60Hz
- K42090 Powertrol Heater, 220-240V 50/60Hz
- 250-000-15F ASTM 15F Thermometer, Range: 30 to 180°F
- 250-000-15C ASTM 15C Thermometer, Range: –2 to +80°C
- 250-000-16F ASTM 16F Thermometer, Range: 85 to 392°F
- 250-000-16C ASTM 16C Thermometer, Range: 30 to 200°C
- K80001 Ring. Brass, shouldered ring conforming to ASTM specifications. Pack of 10
- K80002 Ball. Hardened steel, conforming to ASTM specifications. Pack of 10
- K80003 Ball-Centering Guide