Benchtop Four Ball Wear and EP Tester
A ball of specified diameter (12.7 mm) rotates at a particular velocity and comes in contact with three similar stationary steel balls immersed in the lubricant. As per ASTM standards, the upper ball is rotated up to 2000 RPM and the lubricant can be heated up to 200 degrees C. An axial force up to 1000 kg is applied through servo-pneumatic close loop loading mechanisms. Friction force between the rotating ball and the three stationary balls is measured through a digital load cell mounted in precise location for better resolution, and all the process variables like lubricant temperature, normal load, friction force, coefficient of friction, and rpm are measured and acquired through online data acquisition software through an integrated PC.
- Conforms to the specifications of: ASTM D2266, D4172, D5183, D2596, D2783; CEC L-45-A-00; IP 239, IP 300; DIN 51350-1, DIN 51350-2, DIN 51350-4, DIN 51350-6
- Integrated 15 inch multi-touch control panel
- Predefined standard test protocol and user defined test customization options
- Accurate speed control through AC servo motor
- Built-in pneumatic loading system up to 1000 kg (optional low range from 0 to 50 kg)
- Dynamic load control system - Constant load test, incremental/decremental loading, step wise loading
- Integrated temperature control module
- Safety for speed, temperature, load, friction force
- USB 3.0 port for data transfer
The K93170 Four Ball Wear and EP Tester is designed as per ASTM standards to conduct tests to determine the coefficient of friction of lubricants, wear preventative (WP) and extreme pressure (EP) properties of lubricating oils and greases under a variety of test conditions. This instrument can also be used to determine load carrying properties by the load wear index and the weld point method.
The test load is directly controlled through a software-based close loop servo-pneumatic drive, which enables precise control over the load application. The user can choose between different loading sequences, such as constant load test, progressive loading in increment or decrement, and also step-wise loading in increment or decrement. This dynamic load control system with speed control can also be used for understanding the Stribeck curve phenomena, which is not possible with the conventional dead weight loading technique.
- Steel Balls 12.7 mm, set of 200
- 12.77 mm Ball Collets, set of 2
- Ball Port assembly with Heater, set of 2
- Ball Inserted/Extractor Fixture
- Torque Wrench, Set of Hand Tools
- Connecting Cables
- Data Acquisition Card and Software
- Operating and Maintenance Manual
- Calibration and Test Reports of Sensors
WxDxH (in): 20 x 24.6 x 35.4"
WxDxH (cm): 50 x 62.5 x 90 cm
- K93170-1 Low Temp Ball pot up to -40 degrees C
- K93170-2 Low Temp Ball pot chiller unit
- K93170-3 KRL Test System
- K93170-4 KRL Cooler Unit
- K93170-5 Rolling fatigue test attachment as per IP 300 with peristaltic pump unit
- K93170-6 Digital Scar Measuring Microscope and Measuring Software
- K93170-7 KRL Shear Stability Test Bearings, set of 6
- K93105 Test Balls (Pack of 100)
Below are links to tutorial videos for this product