Koehler Instrument Company, Inc. (USA) is pleased to announce our new K80500 Manual Vacuum Distillation System. The Koehler Manual Vacuum Distillation System is designed to conduct tests to determine the range of boiling points for petroleum products that can be partially or completely vaporized at a maximum liquid temperature of 400°C at reduced pressures.
The K80500 is compliant with ASTM D1160, as well as ISO 6616, and JIS K2254.
The K80500 features:
- “Turn-Key” set up and operation
- Sturdy cabinet composed of aluminum frame and cold rolled steel walls
- Control Unit can easily attach and detach from the main unit offering versatility for laboratory workspace
- Clear protective door provides added safety while allowing the operator full view of the system during testing
- Equipped with digital temperature and vacuum displays for improved measurement reading and accuracy
- Upgrade to glassware set composed entirely of quartz available upon request
Including the following improvements over the previous VDS3000 instrument:
- Shut off valve on the tubing to prevent leaking water upon disconnect
- New water catch tray that slides to the side for hassle-free removal of the lower receiver (no longer requires complete disassembly of glassware)
- Addition of a vent valve to assist in the draining of liquid from the system
- Modified door hinge system to reduce the footprint of the doors when opened
Read more about the new and improved VDS5000 here