Koehler Instrument Co., Inc. is a leading manufacturer in the Petroleum / Petrochemical industry, providing quality testing instrumentation and technical support services for research and testing laboratories for more than 50 years. Our firm has operated on Long Island since 1972 and has a complete global distribution network and strong industry presence. We are in search of a full time Welder to join our growing industry.
• Setup TIG welder for use on stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum.
• Ability to make neat, watertight welds on thin gage sheet metal.
• Leak test welded tanks on completion of welding
• Maintain required supplies in the Welding Department.
• Required to read Engineering prints.
• Able to read Micrometer and basic measuring equipment.
• General shop duties and de burring knowledge
• Ability to silver and soft soldering (Use of Torch & Iron) a plus.
• Refrigeration knowledge and tube bending a plus.
We invite you to join our team of professionals, and enjoy the challenges and rewards of an ever growing and exciting industry.