Koehler Instrument Company seeks a Full Time Purchasing Agent. We have an exciting opportunity available for a self-starter with ability to be creative to solve problems with limited supervision. This person will work closely with the production planning department to provide components to support our manufacturing operation as well as end-items for resale. Items purchased will be from both domestic and international suppliers.
• Will be working from written requests and inventory/planning software.
• Stay in constant contact with vendors to ensure that they are meeting our delivery, price and quality expectations.
• Evaluate production and sales orders through Visual Manufacturing.
• Source, negotiate and procure an extensive array of components for manufacturing. This includes (but not limited to) specialized electronic components that are primarily used in automated instruments, raw materials, glassware, electromechanical components and office supply.
• Heavy use of internet search to source new components and order items through vendor report.
• Ability to work closely with multiple departments.
• Input, monitor, confirm and expedite purchase orders.
• Setup and return all defective items
• Minimum 1-2 years purchasing experience. A plus
• Demonstrate skills with planning/inventory software, Word, and Excel.
• Must have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment with changing business demands.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to learn manufacturing processes, materials, etc.
• Team player with high enthusiasm.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package, to include a 401k retirement plan with a generous 6 % match, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance.